InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Database Administrator in Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD. All candidates must hold an ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance. The Database Administrator is responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering SQL databases, including security, access, and documentation.
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases - SQL.
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
- Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Tests designed applications.
- Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
- Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
DAY TO DAT DUTIES: Operates and checks the day to operation of fielded databases. Performs system checks, backup, recovery, and load analysis. Must be able to build or rebuild replication scheme. Troubleshoots systems with other operations functions and application developers when required. Database administrators shall have all applicable database systems certifications required for the server and storage hardware that is part of the current SITE operational baseline.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 2-5 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
- A Security+ and SQL Administration certifications are required before starting this position
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.