InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a DNA Examiner to work on our client site in Atlanta, GA. The DNA Examiner will be based in Forest Park, GA, however travel may be required OCONUS, as needed: Afghanistan, Kuwait, Bahrain, or Djibouti. The DNA Examiner will be responsible for the following:
- Examine evidence in consultation with firearms and latent print analysts (as needed) to ensure proposed collection approach will not negatively impact collection of other forensic data from the evidence.
- Collect potential DNA samples from evidence using approved procedures designed to minimize the possibility of sample contamination. All samples shall be properly packaged, marked and stored in preparation for extraction.
- Generate STR DNA profiles from evidence and reference samples.
- Analyze and interpret data from analysis which typically consists of complex mixtures and low level samples.
- Use photographic equipment to capture still images of each evidence item and relevant key portions of the evidence item, or other exhibits, to support further analysis, conclusions, and documentation.
- Annotate the case file documentation, detailing the processing techniques and the examination results.
- Perform administrative and/or technical reviews of reports and worksheets.
- Ensure proper chain of custody is maintained.
- Perform instrument maintenance.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 4+ years’ experience working in a forensic laboratory performing DNA analysis on criminal evidence. Experience must include the following:
- Identification of blood and bloodstains, body fluids, and stains of body fluids, hair and other items requiring DNA or related analysis.
- Performance of visual and microscopic examination of hairs.
- Generation of STR DNA profiles.
- Comparison of evidence from victims, scenes, or instruments of incidents to evidence from suspects.
- Must be able to successfully pass a skills assessment.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required.
- Physical ability and commitment to deploy globally as a team member.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Professional certification such as American Board of Criminalistics (ABC) is desired
- An active DoD Secret Clearance is desired