InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence is seeking a Data Scientist/Data Engineer for on-site work located in Tampa, FL. The position is responsible for applying data manipulation, data science and data characterization technologies in novel ways to solve critical problems related to national security. The position will report to the on-site program manager. The successful candidate must work across diverse projects in a dynamic and collaborative team environment, and be eager to learn. This is a hands-on technical position where the candidate will be expected to apply state-of-the-art technologies and techniques to extract, cleanse, transform, align, store and analyze data. Must hold an ACTIVE TS/SCI SECURITY CLEARANCE.
- Overcome challenges and be a determined problem-solver; pursuing innovation opportunities while delivering real results to move projects forward in an enterprise R&D environment.
- Conduct end to end analysis; and apply novel solutions from the best of academia, open source, and commercial against our most challenging problems.
- Assess and discover technology developments, determine relevance to projects, and operationally prototype them against real world data and problems in actual code using agile development techniques. Results must be documented in writing and communicated both verbally and through multi-media and advanced visualization methods to senior management.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and identify opportunities to incorporate advanced analytics into existing workflows.
- Graph Modelling/Graph Database experience such as Neo4J, OrientDB, ArangoDB, NetworkX, Giraph, SparkX with an emphasis on relation extraction and graph analytics & visualization
- Data analysis and algorithm application/development using multiple languages (R, python, java, etc.)
- Have knowledge of all source analysis, and the numerous defense intelligence tools, databases, techniques in the Defense Intelligence Enterprise or substantially equivalent knowledge from other government or the private sector analytic community.
- 5+ years of experience or an advanced degree MS in a quantitative field such as statistics, computational biology, computational linguistics, data science, economics, math, engineering, physics, operations research, or bioinformatics.
- Data Wrangling/ETL skills including scraping, REST/SOAP APIs, XML, JSON, Imagery, Video, SQL, NoSQL, real Unicode experience, and more.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office & collaboration tools like Slack, SharePoint, & Atlassian
- Applied Mathematical Capabilities with a focus on Statistics, Modeling, Algorithm Design, or Discrete Math
- Computer Science Fundamentals including Data Structures & Algorithms
- TS/SCI clearance
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Real-world experience applying Big Data Frameworks such as Hadoop & Spark
- Three years of experience in the intelligence community or private sector business intelligence/analytics community doing hands-on statistical/computational data analysis.
- Practical Software Engineering skills including design patterns, client-server, MVC, source control, code hygiene, regression/unit testing
- Applied knowledge of Machine Learning and Deep Learning frameworks such as sklearn, scipy, tensorflow, caffe, torch, and theano including model training/development for Classification and Regression.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) experience such as CoreNLP, spaCy, NLTK, for NER/entity extraction, information extraction, sentiment analysis, etc.
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical/computational techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Ability to pick the right algorithm for a given analysis problem and articulate your reasoning.