Field Service Engineer
InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Field Support Engineer to support a Biometrics program with the US Army in Afghanistan. The FSE will be supporting a high profile program to provide operations, maintenance, and associated support for all devices and associated with the system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions. The program is an established Identity Management and Collection solution that has led the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. In this worldwide effort by aiding the US Military in the utilization of technology to positively identify individuals in a shifting world of identities. The team has been providing world class development and field support to the program since its inception in 2004. We have worked side-by-side with our DoD Partners to develop, deploy, maintain, train and operate the program wherever it has been deployed as a force multiplier in the critical war on terror mission.
The successful candidate will provide critical system administration and operations, and maintenance support to include technical support services for the US Army on the system, handheld collection platforms. Client and Server platforms; to include planning, operation, optimization, security administration, maintenance, and network management. Individual must be self-motivated and able to handle daily tasks on their own with little supervision. Must hold an active TOP SECRET clearance and be SCI eligible.
· System start-up, initialization, and shut down *Software patch implementation and testing and system maintenance checks and repairs *Security checks of daily logs *Daily operation of servers *Transaction reconciliation
· Implementing system upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordinating and managing system network availability.
· Implement IA patches, including QA and QC checks
· Administer database organizations, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation.
· Provide technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment.
· Assist applications development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
· Implement and maintain databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, and integration of systems through database design and implementation.
· Document JCL, shell scripts and batch processes.
· Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date.
· Manage and test backup and recovery plans.
· Monitor the replication schema.
· Develop and implement database monitoring tools.
· Troubleshoot, track, and monitor data flow.
· Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security and serving as the resident database expert for TBS users.
· Interact with customer in response to reported problems and defining requirements.
· Collaborate and coordinate with outside organizations periodically as necessary.
· Perform other IT project work as assigned on a "best effort" basis.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
· Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 4+ years of experience managing systems, including servers.
· Microsoft SQL server administration experience with familiarity of MS SQL syntax.
· Ability to install and maintain MS SQL Server 2008R2.
· Experience with Windows Server 2012R2.
· Experience with and knowledge of advanced data mining techniques.
· Ability to create data maps and load data and databases onto servers.
· Experience with scripting for the purposes of data manipulation and automating redundant tasks.
· Proficient in the use of PC's and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
· Currently possess an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
· Previous experience with biometric applications in support of GWOT.
· Knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, Web Administration (IIS), and software and hardware test procedures.
· Military and/or national intelligence background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission and responsibilities.
· Aptitude for learning new scripting languages and database syntax and the ability to implement those new skills.
Prior experience in Afghanistan, Iraq or similar surroundings InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.