InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Field Support Engineer to support a Biometrics program with the US Army at the Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC) in Ft. Polk, LA. This person will provide critical biometrics training, system administration and operations, and maintenance support to include technical support services for the US Army on the Biometrics Automated Toolset – Army (BAT-A) system, handheld biometrics collection platforms (i.e. SEEK II, BAT-A Hand Held), Client and Server platforms; to include exercise planning, exercise operations, optimization, security administration, maintenance, and network management. Individual must be self-motivated and able to handle daily tasks on their own with little supervision. Must have an active Top Secret clearance.
- Responsible for the identification and resolution of network connectivity issues, software and hardware upgrades, and general maintenance of laptops, servers and peripherals.
- Duties also include general systems and database operations, administration, maintenance, documentation, and reporting.
- Customer interaction is required in response to reported problems, defining requirements and user training requests.
- Design, develop, prepare, and conduct the training based on established course materials for BAT-A and BAT HH.
- Preparation of instructor and student materials (course outline, handouts, course critique forms, leave behind instructional materials, and training aids) will also be required.
- Personnel training will be conducted, as appropriate, through formal or informal classroom courses, workshops and seminars.
- M-FSEs assists with daily CTC system tasks, including the following:
- System start-up, initialization, and shut down
- Software patch implementation and testing and system maintenance checks and repairs
- Security checks of daily logs
- Daily operation of servers, including email servers and web servers
- Transaction reconciliation
- LAN administration and coordination with WANs
- Network security functions IAW the SSAA
- Database administration, including extracting data for reporting purposes
- Implementing system upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordinating and managing system network availability.
- Implement IA patches, including QA and QC checks
- Maintain the BAT image for the SEEK devices and laptops
- Manage BAT-A server and database applications and user accounts
- Coordinate BAT-A supply, logistics, and repair actions
- Support and coordinate with the Army’s Counterintelligence (CI) Cell and S2X
- Maintain the BEWL on mission systems
- Train personnel and ensure IA personnel compliance
- Track enrollments from ingestion to ABIS.
- Collaboration and coordination with outside organizations will be periodically necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Field Operations Manager
- Must possess a minimum of a DoD Top Secret clearance
- Previous experience with biometrics applications on the Tactical Biometrics Systems (TBS), Joint Personnel Identity (JPI), BAT or Biometric Information System for Access (BISA) programs in support of GWOT.
- The candidate possess DoD 8570 at the AIT level II Certification, consisting of two (2) or more of the following: Security+ CE, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC); A+ Essentials; Network +, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), or any other CE certificate approved by DoD 8570 at the AIT level II profile.
- Systems administration or other relevant IT experience
- Proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, SQL Server and Windows operating systems.
- Proven ability to create scripts for system administration/setup, examine firewalls and ports to identify and fix communication issues, perform database maintenance, ensure data integrity and track hardware locations is also required.
- The candidate must be able to formally present materials in understandable and intelligible formats; in both stand-up instruction and written arrangements. Be able to effectively measure student progress and provide constructive feedback.
- The candidate must be fully proficient in the use of PC’s and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Prior experience developing and operating biometric exercises and training programs in a CTC environment.
- Working knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, Web Administration (IIS), and softwares and hardware test procedures.
- Military and/or national intelligence background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission and responsibilities.
- Prior experience in Afghanistan, Iraq or similar surroundings a plus