InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Sr Database Administrator to support our customer in Fort Belvoir, VA. An ACTIVE TS/SCI SECURITY CLEARANCE is required. The Sr Database Administrator will be responsible for the following:
- Maintains the integrity, security and availability of multiple databases
- Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
- Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database
- Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Performs Oracle, SQL Server, SYBASE, and other DBMS database and application server administration
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes
- Perform all database administrator functions to include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
- Coordinate and develop database backup, storage, and replication schemes across the customers’ enterprise. Develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Directs the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization, developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database
- TS/SCI CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of related experience, or Associate’s Degree with 8 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years of experience, or Master’s Degree with 4 years of experience
- 4-10 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Desired Computing Environment certification: MS SQL Administrator certification or an Oracle database certification
- Coordinate database architecture changes with Database Engineer (DBE)s. Direct the installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views. Direct the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies
- Create database structures and interfaces to meet customers’ requirements; develop, administers, maintains, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database and performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.