InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Database Administrator in Washington, CA area for a Task Order providing IT Services and Software Engineering for a OGA contract. AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH FULL SCOPE POLY IS REQUIRED. The Database Administrator shall be responsible for:
Assigns passwords and maintains database access
• Audit database access and requests
• Ensure that proposed object definitions are clear, concise, technically correct, and that they represent singular concepts.
• Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
• Evaluate proposed objects and their attributes.
• Install and configure database environments and associated storage systems.
• Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
• Oversee the daily performance of database systems
• Perform backups/restores, and archive data.
• Perform optimization and tuning of data loads and extractions
• Perform server and storage capacity management and planning for the most complex and critical systems.
• Provide technical support in the evaluation of prime object names, data elements, and other objects.
• Recommend appropriate procedure, query or package changes and optimizations to ensure and improve system performance and reliability.
• Study system requirements to determine proper server installation methods and procedures.
• Utilize system software to monitor the performance of system files; manages system data to maintain performance efficiencies.
• A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to five (5) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate's degree).
• At least five (5) years experience interpreting data models and developing database structures; using standard diagramming techniques to design and develop computer data models; and implementing and troubleshooting programming changes and modifications.
• At least five (5) years experience configuring, managing and maintaining the operation of complex relational databases; familiarity with UNIX/LINUX and Windows operating systems.
• Five (5) years or more of demonstrated knowledge with backup or archival software -Systems and data disaster recovery software;
• Five (5) years or more of demonstrated product knowledge and experiences with database management software for relational, noSQL and/or file based storage; Microsoft SQL Server; Database models
• Demonstrated experience with Object or component oriented development software - Microsoft Visual C# .NET; Java; Ability to write and execute scripts to manage a DB (Python, Perl, etc.)
• At least five (5) years experience with database performance monitoring and performance optimization techniques
• Demonstrated ability to allocate database storage and perform capacity planning
• Demonstrated ability to appropriately manage and monitor access controls to databases
• At least five (5) years experience with data archiving and managing of archived data
• At least five (5) years experience with database mirroring and replication techniques
Current/Active TS/SCI clearance with FS POLY is required.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.