InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking an Information Technology / Software Engineer to work on our client site in Charlottesville, VA. All candidates must have an ACTIVE TS security clearance with SCI eligibility
. The candidate must with experience supporting the development of applications and databases and their administration. The successful candidate will be proficient in all tasks including familiarity with the development lifecycle of software applications (including but not limited to performance, scalability, security, testing, monitoring, maintenance, issue identification, issue resolution and backup creation). The successful candidate must be proactively engaged in identifying and resolving challenges, work well in a team environment (in addition to being adept in troubleshooting independently), and be comfortable speaking in front of their peers and government clients.
The Engineer will be responsible for:
- Lead the installation, upgrade and modernization of software systems following established security standards, policies and guidelines
- Diagnose and fix problems or potential problems related to onsite software installation on client-owned networks
- Will regularly but not exclusively work in a classified environment to install and maintain software that is developed and tested in an unclassified environment. When issues need to be escalated, the ability to be able to highlight and gather key clues and report these to the offsite team is critical to allow the offsite team enough information to participate in troubleshooting. Will need to be thorough and methodical in pursuit of troubleshooting strategies
- Provide expert day-to-day support for monitoring, troubleshooting, configuring, implementing, installing, and upgrading core infrastructure, storage, software and/or server-based applications for regional office and client site
- Accomplish software development as part of larger team developing data-rich applications typically but not exclusively in c#/.NET or Java.
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS with SCI eligibility security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems/Information Technology or related technical discipline with 8+ years of experience in application maintenance/installation/troubleshooting in Agile Development Environments
- Experience in effectively troubleshooting a wide variety of authentication, authorization, access, permissions, and encryption (RC4, AES, etc.) issues; as well as IIS-related issues, DNS, LDAP, group policy, and proxy server issues
- Experience in general .NET deployment considerations: web applications, web services, database and file storage interfaces
- General Windows administration skills: configuring app pools, creating and installing SSL certificates, obtaining error information
- Highly organized and adept at successfully tracking multiple concurrent issues and challenges
- Self-motivated, capable of working with limited supervision, pro-actively reporting on status and tasks
- Able to operate in a rapidly changing environment with ownership and accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well at various levels of the organization
- Understanding of accreditation process for secure government information systems
- Shibboleth and Kerberos implementation/configuration experience; familiar with SAML and extracting data from HTTP headers
- Software development experience in c#/.NET (or Java)
- Experience hosting and configuring cloud applications in AWS: EC2, S3, etc.
- Able to write quick scripts in Powershell, etc for small automated tasks
- Experience with Linux, Java and Java applications
- Database experience and ability to write Transact-SQL queries (MS SQL Server)
- Experience with using issue tracking tools (JIRA) and source control tools (Subversion)
- Experience creating/deploying/maintaining virtual machines (VMs)
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.