nCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence is seeking a Research Specialist for on-site work located in Tampa, FL
. This is a position for on-site work located in Tampa, FL at a U.S. government location and requires a TS/ SCI level clearance
. The Research Specialist position is responsible for applying academic research methodology and social science techniques, and will report to the on-site program manager.
The successful candidate must work across diverse projects in a dynamic and collaborative environment. They will develop understanding of established enterprise tools/processes while pursuing novel advanced approaches using social science methodologies. They will overcome challenges and be a determined problem-solver; pursuing innovation opportunities while delivering real results to move projects forward in an enterprise R&D environment.
The Research Specialist will develop a research plan, conduct research, perform problem solving and apply novel solutions from the best of academia, open source, and the commercial sector against challenging problems from across the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community.
Results must be documented in writing and communicated both verbally and through multi-media and advanced visualization methods to senior management. They will interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and identify opportunities to incorporate social science approaches into existing workflows.
This position requires agility and the desire to learn new tools, techniques and procedures; the successful candidate will possess knowledge and expertise in the following:
- Develop Studies and analyses
- Conduct research and develop information for understanding complex problems
- Develop new concepts, methods, and techniques to solve complex problems
- Perform complex analytical tasks using qualitative, quantitative, and/or mixed methods
And also meet the following criteria:
- TS/SCI Clearance
- MS/MA degree from an accredited university in Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Social Science or related field or BS/BA degree and 4 years of related experience
- 3 years applied experience in qualitative and quantitative analyses of complex psychological, sociological, military, marketing, communications or similar problems
- Experience with technical writing and ability to communicate ideas and approaches to both technical and non-technical audiences
Experience in or knowledge of the following is preferred but not required:
- Managing sub-portions of complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Working with global cross-functional teams of various sizes
- Conducting comparative analyses on data (e.g. correlation, scatterplot, analysis of variance (ANOVA), regression, response frequency, distribution of responses, outlier testing regression, and salience index)
- Multivariate analysis and predictive modeling for population segmentation, data cleaning and missing data identification, scale analyses (e.g. perform factor analyses, quantify latent constructs and determine the reliability, validity and relationships of items/indices) analysis of polling and survey data with large databases containing complex data to identify and assess targets
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.