InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Forensic Chemist to work on our client site in Atlanta, GA. The Forensic Chemist will be based in Ft. Gillem, GA, however travel may be required OCONUS, as needed: Afghanistan, Kuwait, Bahrain, or Djibouti. Deployments are 6 months at a time. The Forensic Chemist will be responsible for the following:
- Perform examinations to identify if substances are drug, explosive, or other. To include weigh, sample, and analyze the substance to determine a substance origin.
- Utilize the following instrumentation:
- Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS)
- Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectroscopy
- Liquid Chromatography/ Mass Spectrometry / Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS)
- X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF)
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD)
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICPMS)
- Polarized Light Microscope (PLM)
- Ion Chromatography (IC)
- Compare sample results to a library of known results for the specific instrumentation and chemical being tested.
- Use photographic equipment to capture still images of each evidence item and relevant key portions of the evidence item, or other exhibits, to support further analysis, conclusions, and documentation.
- Document examination results/findings in the WEAT database.
- Annotate the case file documentation, detailing the processing techniques and the examination results.
- Perform administrative and/or technical reviews of reports and worksheets.
- Ensure a proper chain of custody for all evidence is maintained.
- Maintain a clean laboratory and personal workspace environment, in accordance with local laboratory procedures.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 4+ years’ experience
- Proficiency working with chemistry analytical methodologies Gas Chromatography (GC) and/or Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectroscopy.
- Professional, forensic case working experience, including work with explosives.
- Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a skills assessment.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- An active DoD Secret Clearance will be required; can hire without clearance. Employment will begin upon obtaining an interim Secret clearance.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.