InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Software Engineer in Washington, DC area for a Task Order providing IT Services and Software Engineering for a OGA contract. AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH POLY IS REQUIRED. The Software Engineer shall be responsible for:
- Expertly writes code user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services.
- Expertly develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame per departmental standards and guidelines.
- Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software.
- Recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions to include validating the fixes for the software problems.
- Writes, modifies, and debugs software for client applications.
- Critical component development of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces.
- Uses source debuggers and visual development environments.
- Use expertise to Interpret business requirements and implements the necessary technology to fulfill requirements.
- Serve as Primary Technical Lead (as needed) for projects at the enterprise level, analyzing existing application interfaces, schemas and data needs.
- Leverages expertise to architect and code multienvironment system solutions utilizing various programming languages.
- Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
- Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
- Actively provides expertise in the documentation of software requirements, functional design, flowcharts and diagrams.
- Leads the support of completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production.
- Partners at a high level with other key stake holder on the scheduling and coordinating of projects and may be involved in the design phase of a project.
- Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
- Current/Active TS/SCI clearance with POLY is required.
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to five (5) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate's degree).
- Experience with source code and version repository
- Experience working with Unix/Linus. Perl or Shell
- Hands on SQL experience
- Java, Ruby, PHP or Python Experience
- Previous experience working with and Agile Scrum team
- Previous experience coding with Java
- Previous experience working with computer and software architecture, Operating Systems, and Data Structures
- Demonstrated implementation of Software Engineering best practices on a complex program
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.