InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence is currently seeking a motivated Systems Administrator to work on our client in Manassas, VA. ALL CANDIDIATES MUST POSSESS AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE. The Systems Administrator will provide technical and operational support for the operation and administration of the Manassas Labs Infrastructure, to include: switches, routers, databases, thin-clients and domain servers. Typical duties will include: backups; configuration management services; system patching; network and system monitoring; system diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair; tech refresh and upgrades; technical meetings; update and maintain network diagrams. Effectively lead a small team of System Administrators in the performance of assigned tasks and/or duties. Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Considered experienced, but still a learner.
- Marathon and MESOS experience.
- Demonstrated System Administration skills and abilities in maintaining a lab environment to include the maintenance and upkeep of hardware and the installation and/or upgrading of system software.
- Excellent organizational and reporting abilities.
- Ability to lead a team, plan and follow schedules with little oversight or direction.
- Demonstrated teamwork and Full Spectrum Leadership capabilities.
- Ability to work under general supervision and communicate clearly with both peers and superiors.
- Energetic and friendly personality.
- Effective communicator, both orally and in written form.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Experience with virtualization and container technologies to include KVM and Docker
- Experience with hypervision, VMWare, esxi, kvm, vagrant, and VM
- Experience with automated deployment and configuration technologies such as Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- Significant experience troubleshooting and/or configuring Linux servers to include scripting
- Red Hat Linux Administration \ Configuration (RHCSA certification a plus)
- Experience with the administration and configuration of Security policies as related to both Windows and Linux servers (CISSP certification a plus)
- Networking knowledge (CCNA \ CCNP certification a plus)
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.